My Writing

16 November, 2018

NaNo What, Now?


Made it halfway through the month before I realized this is NaNoWriMo. I have never really paid attention to this, because I have never really needed a motivation to write. Occasionally I have run out of time, but never motivation. (I plan to post something more about this soon...ish.)
The realization prompted me to do a back-of-the-envelope assessment. so far this year I believe I have written in the vicinity of 215,000 words of fiction: a little over 40,000 words revising my second novel, A Tangled Weave (no pub date yet for that, but sometime in 2019), 80,000 words of a murder mystery set in sixteenth-century Japan (no sale) and 90,000 words of the first draft of a new science fiction novel. I've also thrown out 43,000 of the latter, but in gross terms (no comment) it still counts. The remaining words in the count come from short fiction.
This isn't to brag, or even to humblebrag; it is just to show how much work one can get through if one is writing full-time and doing so every day.

No comments: