My Writing

19 April, 2019

Dixie's Land: Endgame

With the conclusion of chapter fifteen of this novel, my first venture into serialization approaches its end. So I thought I would write a bit about what happens next.

Obviously, the immediate future brings chapter sixteen, next week. That's the final chapter of the novel and so I suppose it's appropriate it appear in the last full week of April. The serialization process has taken just under four months.

The following week (28 April - 4 May) I am going to post some Dixie's Land extras*. First I'll post the prologue I wrote, at one editor's suggestion, but which is not going to appear in the epub version of the book. The Wednesday of that week (assuming I get the work done on time) I will post "Near Enough to Home," the short story that got this whole thing going in the first place. And finally, on the Friday, I'll post the epilogue that matches the excised prologue.

And that will take care of Dixie's Land. The first full week in May will see the first posts in the serialization of a mystery novel. More details to come...

*I would have liked to be able to post a map of the bits of North America in which this novel is set. Unfortunately, my skills aren't sufficiently developed yet to allow me to make such a thing quickly, while still trying to write 3-4 hours a day.

No comments: