My Writing

21 May, 2019

Alchemy and Artifacts Cover

Image courtesy of Hades Publications, Inc.
My short story "Where There's a Goal" is now available for pre-order as part of Alchemy and Artifacts, the latest Tesseracts anthology (Number 22 in the series).

Alchemy and Artifacts will be released in ebook form on 10 June (available from the usual suspects in the usual formats); the hard-copy will be available on Amazon as of 24 June; there is an official launch scheduled for 2 September (though I don't know, as yet, what this entails).

According to the catalogue page, the new book is a collection of twenty-three amazing stories based on historical artifacts combined with fantastic historical fiction.
The stories meld culture, concept and incident into a rich collection of 'what if' speculations that provide warnings yet revel in the cultural celebrations we continue to observe today. They are the touchstones that resonate with all who listen to and learn from the past.
(I feel compelled to warn that my story is not quite as serious-minded as the other pieces in the book...)

I've had a very long and successful association with Tesseracts, with stories published in the second volume and a bunch of subsequent iterations (which I'm too lazy to look up just now). In addition, Lorna and I co-edited the fourth volume in the series. (It was very interesting to gain the editorial perspective on the writing process; the restraining order prohibits me from saying anything more...)

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to seeing "Where There's a Goal" in print, and I hope the book does very well. And not just for selfish reasons. Absolutely not.

No comments: