My Writing

28 July, 2019

Productivity Update

Having abandoned an SF novel recently, I decided to return to the ethos of alternate history. And I had no trouble whatever working on it, nor did I have any shortage of ideas. It was nice to be able to look forward to the morning writing sessions again.

Flag of the Republic of Texas
(1836-1839) from Wikimedia Commons
And so I'm modestly pleased to announce that I have finished the third and final draft of The Bonny Blue Flag, the sequel to Dixie's Land. There is still a bit of formatting to do, but the writing is complete. Which means I'll be serializing the new(ish) novel* starting in September, shortly after I complete the serialization of High Risk.

I have also written an outline for a third novel set in this particular timeline. There is at least one other project in the queue ahead of that story, though, so it remains at the outline stage for now.

*I wrote the first draft of this novel over twenty years ago, but stopped working on it when Dixie's Land failed to sell.

No comments: