My Writing

15 December, 2020

Books Read 2020

Photo by Abhi Sharma from India, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons

Back before the pandemic began I made, for some reason, a decision to keep track this year of all the books I read in 2020. Mostly, I think, I wanted to do this because I had never really known how many books I read. I do like reading, and I was curious to know if I could somehow quantify this liking.

Well, the year's not out yet but to my surprise the answer to my curiosity is: I like reading a lot. I have read nearly a book a day in 2020. Almost equally surprising was my discovery that I didn't really increase the pace of my reading once the pandemic had forced us (or at least those of us with a modicum of common sense) to stay indoors for the most part.

I had thought I might manage one or two blog posts from this list, but that is clearly not a responsible way to approach things. So instead, stand by for a month-by-month list of what I read this year. If I'm really feeling ambitious I might even attempt some sort of breakdown-cum-summary toward the end of the year. The listing begins on 16 December.

No comments: