My Writing

14 December, 2018

Now We Are Sixty-Four

Yes, I know: Somebody already wrote a book called Now We Are Sixty. But I had the idea first; that book dates from the late nineties, the first poem in my collection of poems for aging boomers was written back in 1992. Or 1991; my records aren't too clear.
Anyway, most of those older poems have had to be scrapped. They were about television and the anti-Yeltsin coup in Russia; does anyone even remember that? Fortunately, there is no shortage of inspiration for a contemporary revival of the original idea... starting perhaps tomorrow.

NOTE: I have retconned this and other entries in this series to reflect a change in title. I cannot believe it didn't occur to me until last night that the revised title made much more sense because a) it name-checked Sir Paul M's fifty-one year old ditty; and b) it more closely resembles my age at the time of writing.

No comments: