My Writing

29 June, 2020

What Day Is This, Again?

Once more, dear readers, there is going to be a brief delay in the serialization of Sowing Ghosts. (Yes, I know: just when it was getting all exciting, too... well, maybe.)

Blame the aging corpus again. I had oral surgery last week (no, you don't want to know the details, you filthy ghouls you) and while everything seems to have gone well, the aftermath includes, among less-describable (because eww) conditions, a more or less constant state of drug-induced haze. I am assured this won't continue for long, but Prudence (damn her eyes) suggests there's wisdom in not trying to do too much just now.

In the meantime, the drugs are lending an interesting effect to the reading with which I am filling my days. (Tolkien has never seemed so entertaining.) And this is all over-the-counter stuff. Imagine what I could be getting up to if only they still prescribed laudanum...

No comments: